Caterpillar – commonly known as CAT – is arguably the most trusted of all the construction equipment brands and a reliable ‘go-to when it comes to a huge and varied range of graders that are designed for superior power and productivity.
Among the pick of the bunch is the Caterpillar 140M VHP grader, with its powerful engine delivering consistent grading power and speed and ACERT technology giving impressive fuel efficiency with low emissions.
Easy to use
This Caterpillar grader is particularly easy to use thanks to its dual joysticks, with older models seeing operators wasting time juggling between levers and the steering wheel. The steering is responsive and the hydraulics for the controls allow detailed control when grading even rough terrain, with wheel tilt, blade manoeuvring and articulation all in the palm of your hands.
Powerful and impressive
The six-cylinder, 7.2 litre C7 engine is fuel-injected and turbocharged and features an auto-adjusting cooling fan. But it’s inside the quiet, comfortable and spacious Caterpillar equipment cab that is the most impressive, with floor-to-ceiling glass providing unparalleled visibility forward and back, and the angular doors giving the operator a clear view of the blade.
Other key features
- Great visibility with angled doors, tapered engine enclosure and sloped rear window
- Powerful cooling, heating and ventilation system enhances cab comfort
- Real-time machine performance stats provided with CAT Messenger
- Productivity further boosted with electronic throttle control, matching horsepower with torque
- Machine centres itself with the push of a single button
- Engine automatically shuts down after a set period to save on fuel and emissions
- Hydraulically-actuated, oil-bathed brakes are cheaper to operate while being more powerful and predictable
- Blades are automatically controlled on one side by the CAT Grade Control Cross Slope feature